October 20-22, 2017–The Sullivan Foundation Ignite Retreat in Asheville, North Carolina is an opportunity to learn about how you can combine your skills to make a positive difference in the world. One of our Nonviolent Direct Action trainers, Ash Williams, is an Ignite fellow.
November 5, 2016–Conference on Pipelines, Fracking, and Kentucky’s Future Beyond Fossil Fuels in Lexington, Kentucky. More information at Frack Free Foothills.
Berea Rising supports these campaigns:
Immigrant support/defense, movement for Black lives, pro-woman, pro-queer and trans, anti-alt right
- Support DACA students / Central KY SURJ (offsite link)
- Take Back Cheapside (offsite link)
- Support during the next round of ICE Raids
- East Kentucky Reproductive Health Project (offsite link)
- Title IX activism
Fighting pipelines, defending forests and mountains
- Kentucky Student Environmental Coalition (offsite link)
- Frack Free Foothills (offsite link) / Kinder Morgan Pipeline resistance
- Kentucky Heartwood (offsite link)
Being listed on this page does not constitute endorsement of the Berea Rising event.